Commercial Support Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

xcooling

May 24, 2012
www.eXtremeSHOK.com
I'm curious to know how Proxmox justifies charging per cpu socket support pricing.

example: a single host with : 4x 2core cpu vs 2x 4core cpu vs 1 x 8core cpu

Proxmox VE Standard Support Subscription 12 Months (4 CPU Sockets) €1592,00EUR Annually
vs
Proxmox VE Standard Support Subscription 12 Months (2 CPU Sockets) €796,00EUR Annually
vs
Proxmox VE Standard Support Subscription 12 Months (1 CPU Socket) €398,00EUR Annually

How does it cost them quadruple/double to provide support for the same (8) number of cores ?

To be fair, pricing should be charged per the amount of hosts (master + slaves) or per the amount of cores or per the amount of containers/vm's.

Last edited:
there are several ways but doing it per CPU socket is quite common way. a lot of others also do it that way.

I recommend to discuss commercial issue with our sales https://my.proxmox.com

We at Proxmox decide about the prices for our commercial offerings (not you) like all other companies are doing it. I just tried to show that we are not doing something special but it seems you are resistant to any explanations.

BTW, our sales suggest you to use the free community forums as you rejected to buy the commercial support.

Still trying to understand the reasoning on how it costs 2x/4x more to support a dual or quad cpu server, When the actual number of support tickets and nodes and cores stay constant ?

Last edited:
please stop to post very wrong things, otherwise we will suspend your account.

you requested to get a € 799 package for the half price. and this was rejected (obviously). there are some rules in the business world and one is that commercial support needs to be paid - if there is no agreement on price, no deal.

I will close this thread as it this is from very limited interest for our community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!