[SOLVED] commandline verification with exclude vm/ID

bromac

Renowned Member
Sep 14, 2014
Poland
Hello
How to run NOW verification from commandline but only selected group backup from one datastore (or i future in GUI)?

I have a tens of VM, with two VM very big (3TB) with very small files (eg 10-50kB) - need to run 2 verification line (at the same time):
first: all VM's verification (with args --exclude_group vm/100, vm/200)(about 30VM ~100-150GB per VM)
second: verfication only vm/100, vm/200 (with args --exclude_group other vm) (this verification run too long - NFS over 1Gbit)

it's only possible to verify a whole datastore, a single group or a single snapshot at the moment
the datastore is possible with 'proxmox-backup-manager verify <DATASTORE>'

if you want to verify single snapshots/groups you either have to use the gui/api or the following command
Code:
proxmox-backup-debug api create /admin/datastore/<DATASTORE>/verify --backup-type <ct/vm/host> --backup-id <GROUP> [--backup-time <SNAPSHOT-TIME>]

if that is not enough for you, you can open a feature request for more options for the verify here:
https://bugzilla.proxmox.com

Reactions: bromac
OMG, thanks for very fast response for help me :) This is enought. I forgot about api.
With this command I created list of group (with exclude 100 and 200) and with your command run verify with bash loop
Code:
proxmox-backup-debug api get /admin/datastore/pbs/groups  --output-format json-pretty |grep  "backup-id" | awk -F '"' '{print $4}' | sort | grep -vE '100|200'

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!