Code signing on vncterm (VncViewer.jar) expired

the java console is outdated since quite some time, we will not deliver any updates.

=> use novnc instead.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply.

I would love to use noVNC and in fact, that was my first approach.

However, because I cannot grant access to the PVE GUI to the VM owner (company policy and because cluster node states are always visible) I see no way to set this up.

I have read some posts about this topic here in the forum but I did not find a solution.

Because our cluster is in a private network segment, I have set up an nginx proxy with an public IP an also connected to the cluster network with websockets enabled for testing remote noVNC access. GUI and noVNC is fully functional through this proxy.

Then I did set up an external web server that calls the API methods vncproxy and vncwebsocket and after that starts your patched noVNC client (I have a copy from /usr/share/novnc-pve/ on this web server) on the client browser. For that, I use the data received from these API calls and the URL parameters I see in noVNC windows started from the GUI.

This noVNC client never connects successfully.

At this point I am stuck.

Can you help?
Thank you.

I am sorry but its impossible to debug your - lets say a bit complicated - approach here.

I do not know your company access policies but I assume there are easier ways to get access to a 443 service.

Hi Tom,

You are right; I ended up with a complicated approach. Only because I did not find a working solution for direct noVNC access without logging in to the GUI first and starting noVNC from there.

If there is a working solution for that, it would really appreciate a link or example.

Thank you.

I never do something like you try here, so I cannot help. If I need access to remote systems, I always use a simple and secure VPN connection.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!