Cluster setup - multicast storm?

PanZvedavy

Renowned Member
Dec 27, 2012
Hi,
I just trying to setup 4 nodes cluster(meantime without HA), which was not problem after reading wiki. I want ask about nodes synchronisation which creates big amount of traffics on our network infrastructure.
I definitely dont expect such a multicast storm as its lead to sucessfully DOS our main router. In some topics here on forum its recommendet to use dedicated network or network card.
So how should I proceed? Just create brigde(vmbrX) from second network card(which was not use during installation) and create separate subnet for use with pvecm to create nodes links...whats the recommendation?

thx

The cluster communication does not send much data, so what do you mean by 'multicast storm'?

Well, I did more testing and it looks like something wrong with one of nics on board. I didnt use this one before proxmox install, so this would be the real source of my problem, no cluster setup. Anyway thx.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!