Cluster question

strix

Mar 20, 2018
Hello,

i have some questions about proxmox cluster.

We have one cluster with two nodes, node3 and node1. Node3 is the master. I have already create the cluster but after that i try to join node1... but unfortunately node3 has problem.

I'am recieving "error: checksum verification failed. Entering rescue mode.., grub rescue>"

What can i do now? Should i format node3 ? And how can i join the cluster again ?

Please advice

Thanks

Hey LnxBil :)

So you have a cluster of two nodes and one broke, so that you've ended up having only one node in cluster?
Yes only the one node working right now.

We created the cluster at srv#1 first of all. Srv#1 has 10 VM on.
We also have srv#2 with 30 VM but unfortunatelly he can't join the cluster because of VM's.
And last of all we try to join srv#3 on cluster, srv#3 has no VM's on. After that we get the message about "grub and rescure mode".

Srv#2 with 30 VM's on can join somewhy the cluster or not ?

Srv#2 with 30 VM's on can join somewhy the cluster or not ?

Only "empty" nodes can join. One way to get it to work (please test beforehand) is to move the configs out of the way so that it seems that there are no VMs, join and move the files back. I'm not sure if this works with running VMs, but it'll work with shutdown VMs.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!