Cluster problems after removal and re-adding the same node

DerekG

Mar 30, 2021
Hoping someone can advise here.

I have a 4 node cluster in my homelab setup - all tiny PC's. I faced issues with pve-2, which happens to be cluster ID:1.
So I removed from the cluster, deleted the cluster with run: pvecm delnode pve-2. Rebuilt the node with a fresh Proxmox install and added back into the cluster, same IP address and node name.

When I tried to open the shell it gave a warning about the RSA key being incorrect, so accepted the new key, then run: pvecm updatecerts to correct the certs.
Now I am able to restore VM's from backup, but if I try to migrate a VM from another node, I still get a warning WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED!

The migration wizard offers some advice to resolve the issue, but I can't see how to resolve. see attached

The migration halts with migration aborted (duration 00:00:00): Can't connect to destination address using public key

Any advice would be much appreciated.

DerekG

Attachments

• pve_Migration_error.JPG
    pve_Migration_error.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 2
Hi Sterzy,

Thanks for the prompt advise. Does that mean i should remove the node pve-2 again, remove the old pve-2 key and then re-add pve-2?

DerekG

Cluster communication is based on ssh, so fix ssh (key, authorized_keys) on every node (/etc/root, /etc/pve directories).

This advise is great, but for a novice like me who does most from the web interface, difficult to follow.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!