[SOLVED] Cluster problem

MartinL

Nov 21, 2014
Hi,

I just set a new cluster with two nodes and the cluster state is OK.
But on the GUI (on both node), I cannot access or edit settings (network, syslog, firewall, ...) on the other node.

I have no idea which settings or log I could verify to found the cause of this problem.

When I try to migrate a VM to an other node, the migration fail by trying using wan interface instead lan interface.

I use different hostname for wan address (given by my hosting provider and set in /etc/hosts) and for lan address (set on local DNS server).

Is default hostname (the one returned by hostname command) must be used for cluster configuration?

It's necessary to:
  • Set the hostname with the name used in cluster configuration.
  • Add an entry in /etc/hosts to resolve this name with the LAN address (don't set this name on 127.0.0.1 address)

Well done!!! ;) i had a similar problem when a set up my proxmox with a nfs share in freenas

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!