Cluster on a mutilhomed environment

D

dghvoip

Hello, hope this one goes better.

I have two server hosted at worlds tam with latest Proxmox installed, these servers have public and private IPs and they're linked with intel private IPs and connected physically to the same switch.

Id like to know what's the setup steps for this kind of environment how do you prioritize internal IP over external, so that one node can join the cluster as I'm still stuck when trying to join the second node to the cluster.

Thanks for any help.

We do a reverse lookup of 'hostname' in /etc/hosts to get the primary IP used for cluster communication.

We do a reverse lookup of 'hostname' in /etc/hosts to get the primary IP used for cluster communication.

Thanks Dietmar, I checked and you are right, multicast is not working, I read the unicast notes and went for it and although it again timed out when trying to get the quorum I saw the cluster nodes with green leds on the WebUI, seems like switches don't support multicst :( I also see you advise against unicast because it reduces number of nodes that can be added. I'll try with this solution for now.

One final question adn you'll advise if I should open a new thread for this.

Ihave another server I'd like to use as SAN I've setup GlusterFS on the three nodes and I'm thinking if there'd be any woes if I mount /var/lib/vz as glusterfs to keep things simple or if it's a bad idea and I should just mount it and addd it as a new directory?.

Thanks guys.

Ihave another server I'd like to use as SAN I've setup GlusterFS on the three nodes and I'm thinking if there'd be any woes if I mount /var/lib/vz as glusterfs to keep things simple or if it's a bad idea and I should just mount it and addd it as a new directory?.

I guess that will not work with openvz container (quota problem, but I have never tested that). Also, there are reports that GlusterFS is not really very fast. If you only use KVM you can give GlusterFS a try. But I would mount it to another directory, because we use the storage name 'local' for /var/lib/vz.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!