cluster not ready - no quorum: When adding storage

danitfk

Apr 20, 2015
Tehran
blog.gordi.ir
Hello All ,
I have a two-node cluster and I turned off second node.
When I want add storage to first node via (Datacenter > Storage > Add > Directory) I face to this error:
cluster not ready - no quorum? (500)

Is there any solution except turning on second node?

Thanks

Hi, FYI: I believe it might be of interest to you (?) I posted to the forum a thread ~Yesterday; I was doing a similar setup to you. I found it does appear to be possible to do a 2-node setup, and you add a 'quorum disk' which is a (tiny) iSCSI target from some 3rd physical device in your network. In my case my topology is like this,

Proxmox-A is Supermicro host 1/2
Proxmox-B is supermicro host 2/2
Quorum-Disk is on a Synology NAS (used for many roles in this network, including NFS storage for misc Proxmox ISO:Backup storage).

So, basic deal was,
- setup the 2-node proxmox config first
- setup a small iSCSI target on the SynoNAS
- follow steps for config of Quorum disk as per Proxmox docs/wiki. (see links and config samples in my other post/thread)
- get new "HA" config in place on proxmox
- restart services as directed in wiki doc, on first proxmox node first / then on second
- confirm things look as desired
- make sure iSCSI mount is configured to persist at boot / and properly mount just as desired.
- reboot both hosts for sanity test, make sure things come up clean after reboot
- check output of various commands to be sure cluster and quorum votes are as anticipated
- test to make sure things work as expected (ie, can add:edit:change config and /etc/pve filesystem is not locked)
- then power off one of your two ProxVE nodes
- see if you still have quorum, on the remaining ProxVE node with its quorum disk attached and providing sanity (hopefully).

In my config go-around things did appear to get 'jammed' after initial config; but doing a reboot of both ProxVE nodes - appeared to make things start working properly.

Hope this info helps you a tiny bit, maybe.

Tim Chipman
Fortech IT Solutions
http://FortechITSolutions.ca

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!