Cluster Node to Node IP

Ivan Gonzalez

Renowned Member
Jan 20, 2014
Miami, Florida, United States
I like to swap from public ip to private ip for the Cluster of nodes

for months i been waiting to swap that, both have public and private but noticed that cluster is node to node is using the public ip..

can i change, from public to private on all nodes and restart cluster and not restart node.
bindnetaddr:

node can not be restarted, they highly active 24hrs

First, what exactly do you mean with "cluster node address", the corosync address, the "node" address which then is used by default for migration traffic, etc., as those are different ones.

Both are dooable, but I'd try it out first before doctoring on production nodes if you never have done this and are not too comfortable with corosync (if it's that address).
You could setup a nested PVE setup in VMs, cluster them and try a switch of the corosync/cluster IP there until you get it right.

See also: https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/chapter-pvecm.html#_cluster_network

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!