Cluster name using JSON API - Little Problem -

dimi

Renowned Member
Dec 20, 2010
Italy
www.quadrata.it
Hi Proxmox Team
in this month we are working on an Android Client for Proxmox (QuadProx-mobile), to manage your software we have used JSON API (very good job Team) with very gratification but now we have a little problem.
Our app is Cluster oriented, so we have this kind of view:

1- Cluster
2- Nodes
3- VM

We have used some API to retrieve the Nodes Detail (/api2/json/nodes/ or /api2/json/nodes/"nodename"/status) and for VMs but we have a little problem to the retrieve Cluster Name because we can use this API "/api2/json/cluster/status" only if we are Admin.
In this way we can not give the right information to a Simple VM user and also i think is better to Know every where on what cluster we do an operation.
I also see this cosmetic problem on the Web Gui, if i want know the Cluster name i need to go on "HA" resources. I think is better to have "Cluster View" from the dropdown box but please say me your point of view and possible way to solve our Android app problem.
Thanks so much
Dimitri Bellini

Various users complain that we already show too much info for simple VM users. The even want to hide all node information. So I am quite unsure about that currently.

Maybe we can just return the cluster name with the login response?

Various users complain that we already show too much info for simple VM users. The even want to hide all node information. So I am quite unsure about that currently.

Maybe we can just return the cluster name with the login response?

Hi Dietmar
Thanks for your reply and Yes is very simple and good idea! I will wait this new feature in upcoming Proxmox release :)
Sincerely

PS: We will wait from Proxmox Team some suggestions or improvements for our Android Client, please ask us!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!