Cluster IP and Veeam Configuration

TaylorNP

Sep 2, 2024
Veeam with other Root User:
I added a Special User called "Backup" -> granted Admin/root permissons
This User works fine ssh, etc but if i connect over Veeam Console i got an error:
Failed to reach the hypervisor

With "root" it works fine.

With root i got this:
I got a PVE CLuster so i add a Host or ClusterDNS. I can Add a Server, it shows me only one Server and i can't add the other Server. Veeam call's me this (the second Server) Server is allready configured but it didn't show up in the Veeam Console.

Cluster:
One more question, is it possible to get 1 Cluster IP for Proxmox?

Can anyone help me?

Hi Taylor,

I'am on the same case as you.
Have you seen this link : https://community.veeam.com/blogs-a...or-proxmox-architecture-and-setup-part-1-8016

I go forward on the vbr worker on my 1st host

BR

Matt
Good Morning Matt,

yeah i found this Link.
Were you able to set up your CLuster in Veeam so that both hosts are displayed in Veeam?

And do you have some idea with this Second User?
The blog entry helped me further but could not solve the problems

I will add Some Screenshots give me a Minute

BR

TAylor

Last edited:
Good Morning Matt,

yeah i found this Link.
Were you able to set up your CLuster in Veeam so that both hosts are displayed in Veeam?

And do you have some idea with this Second User?
The blog entry helped me further but could not solve the problems

I will add Some Screenshots give me a Minute

BR

TAylor
Hello Taylor,

To my pov, I have added the 1st node using his IP
=> On Veeam, the folders have been created with the cluster name BUT only displayed the "added" 1st node using root account. The pve account with admin right will always display a error message for me.

Finally I have added the 2nd node and this one have been moved under the cluster folder on the virtual infrastructure veeam interface.

Now my problem is the network settings during the promox vbr worker :)

BR

Matt

Hello Taylor,

To my pov, I have added the 1st node using his IP
=> On Veeam, the folders have been created with the cluster name BUT only displayed the "added" 1st node using root account. The pve account with admin right will always display a error message for me.

Finally I have added the 2nd node and this one have been moved under the cluster folder on the virtual infrastructure veeam interface.

Now my problem is the network settings during the promox vbr worker :)

BR

Matt
You using the VBR Worker with Static or DHCP ?
I tested it with Static it dosent work, i think thats an Routing error from my side, with DHCP and the Correct VLAN it works.

You can see the two Nodes thats right?
I Have a missing Q-Device maybe thats the problem?
When i add pve01 than Veeam sees the Cluster and set the ClusterName with one Host but dosent show the Second host and if i try to add this Second Host i got error message from the Screenshot
Can you describe your approach to me?

You using Cpeh?

Maybe i cann help you with the Worker

BR
Taylor

Last edited:
Veeam with other Root User:
I added a Special User called "Backup" -> granted Admin/root permissons
This User works fine ssh, etc but if i connect over Veeam Console i got an error:
Failed to reach the hypervisor

With "root" it works fine.

With root i got this:
I got a PVE CLuster so i add a Host or ClusterDNS. I can Add a Server, it shows me only one Server and i can't add the other Server. Veeam call's me this (the second Server) Server is allready configured but it didn't show up in the Veeam Console.

Cluster:
One more question, is it possible to get 1 Cluster IP for Proxmox?

Can anyone help me?
Reply: Veeam says a root user is necessary.
VBR & Proxmox (root?) - R&D Forums (veeam.com)

i have the same problem like TaylorNP, i can added proxmox cluster with IP but i see in veeam infrastructure only one proxmox host.
i have a two node cluster, without qdevice.

Last edited:
Hello all,

As you ask you can Taylor you can see my view on the Proxmox and also on the Veeam
qdevice => I didn't know what it it

About VBR Worker, I used dhcp but my proxmox servers are tagged into a management vlan.
Actually I think that the vbr worker haven't implent this kind of implementation ...

BR

Matt

Attachments

• 1725391005751.png
    1725391005751.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 1725391072952.png
    1725391072952.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 1725391096785.png
    1725391096785.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 9
i have the same problem like TaylorNP, i can added proxmox cluster with IP but i see in veeam infrastructure only one proxmox host.
i have a two node cluster, without qdevice.
If you using Communitiy Edition from Veeam, the PVE is not supported.

this is is 5 year old (2019), i don't think that veeam consider proxmox.
With CE i can backup VM without problem, but the problem is that i can't see the second node in infrastructure.

Just to inform,

I used PVE and I have successfully installed CE VBR version, added my Proxmox cluster with the 2 hosts.
Yesterday, I have configured a simple backup job and Veeam do the job (using the vbr promox installed worker).

So to my point of view Veeam really consider Proxmox and due to all the work done, Veeam will really push Proxmox as the other professional hypervisor solution (AHV, ESXi or KVM)

Reactions: TaylorNP
this is is 5 year old (2019), i don't think that veeam consider proxmox.
With CE i can backup VM without problem, but the problem is that i can't see the second node in infrastructure.
I thougt the same but Veeam want a License form me. Realy stupid i want Post in a Forum not a technical Support.
I realy dont know whats wrong, but i thinks thats on Veeam side not a Proxmox Issue

Just to inform,

I used PVE and I have successfully installed CE VBR version, added my Proxmox cluster with the 2 hosts.
Yesterday, I have configured a simple backup job and Veeam do the job (using the vbr promox installed worker).

So to my point of view Veeam really consider Proxmox and due to all the work done, Veeam will really push Proxmox as the other professional hypervisor solution (AHV, ESXi or KVM)
i say " i don't think that veeam consider proxmox", but linked to "this is is 5 year old (2019)". ;)

Reactions: matthydras
Just to inform,

Thats sounds good. I hope they find realy fast a fix for thoose issues with the Cliuster and vbr worker

Reactions: menk
Taylor,

I haven't any licence for the Veeam VBR 12.
We will used the VBR CE version (10 workloads available which could really go for the major case).
So you could use Veeam 12.2 version and backup VMs from Proxmox VE (against 8.2 version).

For Veeam forum, you need to have a "commercial" address (not gmail, outlook) email domains not allowed :-(

Taylor,

I haven't any licence for the Veeam VBR 12.
We will used the VBR CE version (10 workloads available which could really go for the major case).
So you could use Veeam 12.2 version and backup VMs from Proxmox VE (against 8.2 version).

For Veeam forum, you need to have a "commercial" address (not gmail, outlook) email domains not allowed :-(
Lucky I got one, i will ask the SUpport maybe i got some new informations. I will let you know?
Can i help you with some Issue? YOu got me some Screenshots?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!