[SOLVED] Cluster disintegration after upgrade to Corosync3

Ivan Gersi

May 29, 2016
I have 5 nodes cluster and I`m going to upgrade to v6. I`ve updated all nodes to latest v5 (5.4-13) adn upgrade Corosync to v3 (because v6 need v3 Corosync).
After upgrade I tried to upgrade node1...it was succesfull to v6 but after rebooting there is some problem with new linux core...but this is not my majority problem.
The huge problem is cluster`s stability because I have 3 repeating scenarios.
1 scenario...cluster working properly, all nodes are visible.
2nd scenario...all nodes are off, no one can see aother one.
3rd scenario...nodes are in semi-visoble mode...I can see another nodes not liek offline (red cross) but like grey questiom mark....after corosync service restart often started turn green again.
I`m little confused/

There is no problem in the network, because these problems stared after upgrade and I have never it before.
Edit: I think this is the same issue like https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/pve-5-4-11-corosync-3-x-major-issues.56124/

Last edited:
Do you still have this problem? Did you upgrade on node to PVE 6 and leave the two others on PVE 5?

No I resolved this problem with another switch disconnecting from LAN and Corosync is set in separated subnet via this switch. Cluster is stable over one week.
I suppose the main problem of new Corosync are microgaps (short-time latency up) in the switch/network because I have 10Gb network with no problem but Corosync randomly crashed every day. I tried all recommendations....2 rings in every node, separated subnets (without vlan), diferent corosync setup but no progress. I have latest version pof Corosync and libknet library.

Reactions: Dominic

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!