cloud init: location of actual yaml file

koulis1234

Jul 23, 2017
Hi I would like to take full advantage of cloud init, thus I want to modify the actual yaml file used by cloud init since not all options are exposed to the gui. What is the location of this file?

Should be in '/etc/cloud/cloud.cfg'

Hi Oguz,

where is the location of the cloud-init yaml file that is created for each vm? the one that is mounted with the cloud-init drive. I want to edit it because in the guy I can not see all options.

Thanks and all the best

There are no yaml files, everything is created in-memory and commited to the disk directly and the only options you can set are those in the GUI, the ones available via CLI (same as GUI with 1 or 2 more) and the ones in your guest's /etc/cloud/cloud.cfg

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!