Cloning Causing Proxmox Node to Break

Shapesmith

Dec 28, 2018
Howdy all.

I have two proxmox nodes in a cluster. On one of them a user cloned out a few machine and afterward node the clone was on went down... and didn't come back up. The web gui was unresponsive, ssh was down, on the bright side: icmp was up. I was able to access the web gui of the second node... and it said that the first node was just down. Red "X". =(

After bugging our physical guy, we saw this after plugging in a vga. When we plugged in a keyboard and mouse it added the new usb devices found. It is important to note that ctrl + c, ctrl + z, escape. Nothing got out of this. We had to hard reboot.

The top reads
"echo 0 > proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs" disables this message.

20200309_140132.jpg

So I started to look at the syslog. I did see the user log in and clone. The relevant section of the logs are attached if anyone wants to look at them. The .log is actually a .xlsx

Has anyone experienced this before?

Attachments

• clone_crash_syslog.log
    20.1 KB · Views: 1
Hi,

The top reads
"echo 0 > proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs" disables this message.

Can you Shift + PgUP a bit above, the messages before that would be also interesting.

What Proxmox VE versions and which kernel version do you use?

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!