Cloned Wordpress ct - no server?

golfbravo

Aug 8, 2024
I built a lamp stack ct and it ran as expected. I ran some maintenace tasks, added standard items to WP.

I then cleared out the ssh host keys and cleared the machine ID, and converted the ct to a template.

The clone of the template (i checked machine-id and rebuilt the ssh host keys).
I can ssh into the ct, but when accessing the IP in a browser, after a long pause I get a link 'Skip to main content' which is a link to IP/#brx-content followed by "Nothing found."

All the configs look good, and apache and mysql are running.

I'd appreciate any thoughts.

PS After some digging, I have observed that before the failure message in the cloned ct, the page cycles to the IP that was assigned to the ct template during setup and before conversion to the template. That seems very odd as WP should run on any IP. (the IP on the template was .207 and the webserver is .208

Last edited:
Thanks, I did try that and get a "noting found' message in the browser.

The server IS running - I can run a phpinfo program from the browser and get the comprehansive report - which gives the correct IP.

I cannot fathom how, or where, the old IP can be stored and available to server in the cloned ct.

Cheers

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!