Clean install causes boot loop.

TheCruxOfFate

Feb 3, 2019
Hi, I want to start off by saying that I'm a casual user and not very good at linux and do not have a subscription.

I recently tried performing a clean install of proxmox-ve_5.3-2 and after rebooting from the install the server gets itself stuck in a boot loop.

Here is the screen right before it crashes and reboots: <Redacted because new users can't post links :( > It happens super quick and I had to try more than once to get the timing right on the photo.

Anyway I have no real idea what I'm looking at but the line that stands out to me is
/sbin/modprobe failed: 1
Can't process LV pve/data: thin-pool target support missing from kernel?

I've searched this particular line and I'm not finding any articles that present the problem and its solution in a way I can understand. There seems to be a bugzilla article but it was closed out because they don't want to backport features to older versions.

Did the ISO ship with the wrong version of RHEL?

Attachments

• CGPkJrN.jpg
    CGPkJrN.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 10
Hi,

Did the ISO ship with the wrong version of RHEL?
Proxmox VE is Debian based.

/sbin/modprobe failed: 1
Can't process LV pve/data: thin-pool target support missing from kernel?
This is not a problem and you can ignore this your problem is several lines above. "Firmware BUG"

Ensure you are using the current firmware and check your Bios setting.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!