[SOLVED] Changing Return Codes 550 5.7.1 and Others

thebiggeek

Jul 23, 2020
Today I noticed that some of the Yahoo.co.in IP's are blacklisted, and while I have set my DNSBL Threshold to 2, and have multiple lists, these IP's appeared everywhere. The Mails were bounced back and the return email to Yahoo said

550: 5.7.1 Service unavailable

This to me confuses the sender on what happened, and since they won't be able to goto Yahoo to ask what is going on here or be techs, this is confusing. I wanted to check if anyone knew, how to send a Custom message - when a mail is bounced back due to DNSBL? Is there way to customise the Error Code

I have noticed that People like Yahoo send a URL When they reject a mail - can we do something like this?

Any inputs would be lovely

Last edited:
Not sure I understand the request completely - could you please post some logs and point to which part of which message you want to change?

* Postfix does log, and does respond to the sending server with a message indicating that the mail is rejected because the ip is blacklisted (and also adds the dnsbl in it's reply) - see the output of
Code:
postconf -d |grep default_rbl
default_rbl_reply = $rbl_code Service unavailable; $rbl_class [$rbl_what] blocked using $rbl_domain${rbl_reason?; $rbl_reason}
and http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#default_rbl_reply

I hope this helps!

Not sure I understand the request completely - could you please post some logs and point to which part of which message you want to change?

* Postfix does log, and does respond to the sending server with a message indicating that the mail is rejected because the ip is blacklisted (and also adds the dnsbl in it's reply) - see the output of
Code:
postconf -d |grep default_rbl
default_rbl_reply = $rbl_code Service unavailable; $rbl_class [$rbl_what] blocked using $rbl_domain${rbl_reason?; $rbl_reason}
and http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#default_rbl_reply

I hope this helps!
Thank you - this does help

Reactions: Stoiko Ivanov
Glad that helped :) - please mark the thread as 'SOLVED'
Thanks!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!