Changing NIC PCI Bus address

Mar 15, 2017
Hello.

It is possible to change PCI bus address for NIC in Proxmox?
I mean, these values (on example): -device virtio-net-pci...,netdev=net0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x12

no but why do you want to change those?

no but why do you want to change those?
I am trying to migrate some Windows VM's to Proxmox.
The network interface had a different address (pci.0, addr=0x3).
MAC address and network device type left same.
After the migration, the address changed to pci.0, addr=0x12, and the previously configured network connection (manually configured) disappeared in Windows, instead of it a different connection appeared (Local area connection # 2) with default settings (dhcp)...

Im also looking for this solution,

tried below in vm config file, while trying to add a interface from DPDK bridge ( ovs or vpp) vhost-user interfaces

Like from below
https://access.redhat.com/documenta...ion_pci_devices_to_kvm_guest_virtual_machines

<address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x10' slot='0x00' function='0x0' multifunction='on'/>
<address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x10' slot='0x00' function='0x1'/>

Below is what I would add to vm.conf file but not sure how to add the slot and function to the config file

Code:
args: -chardev socket,id=char1,path=/var/run/vpp/vhost-200-e1,server=on -netdev type=vhost-user,id=net0,chardev=char1,vhostforce=on,queues=10 -device virtio-net-pci,bus=pci.0,addr=0x12,mac=52:54:00:21:42:D3,netdev=net0,mq=on,packed=on,vectors=22,mrg_rxbuf=on,rx_queue_size=1024,tx_queue_size=1024 -chardev socket,id=char2,path=/var/run/vpp/vhost-200-e2,server=on -netdev type=vhost-user,id=net1,chardev=char2,vhostforce=on,queues=10 -device virtio-net-pci,bus=pci.0,addr=0x12,mac=52:54:00:21:42:D4,netdev=net1,mq=on,packed=on,vectors=22,mrg_rxbuf=on,rx_queue_size=1024,tx_queue_size=1024

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!