Change the renewal timeframe of the LE certificate

Breymja

Aug 14, 2017
Before ProxMox implemented the possibility to configure the LE certificate directly in the ui i had used the same renewal settings i use on all my other servers: On the first of the month, no matter if its due to expiring or not.

Is there any way i can get proxmox to do the same with its internal tools or do i need to go back to manual certificates with acme.sh? I want the certificate to be renewed forcibly on every first of the month, not daily when its due to expire.

We renew the certificate once there are only 30 days left before it's renewal, that's very similar to how certbot or acme.sh do it by default and works for most.

If whyever you need a force renew every specific day then yes, you need to do it with something else, like a custom acme.sh setup.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!