Change Syslogs Temps to Celsius?

FlashPan

Oct 22, 2023
Hello,

I've a dell perc h730 card installed and also megacli64 installed on my pve 8.0.4 with SSDs in mirrored raid.

In the pve syslog I notice this:
smartd[919]: Device: /dev/bus/0 [megaraid_disk_02] [SAT], SMART Usage Attribute: 190 Airflow_Temperature_Cel changed from 78 to 77

Which after a initial panic realised the temp value here is in Fahrenheit.

Runing this in shell /opt/MegaRAID/MegaCli/MegaCli64 -PDList -aAll | grep Temperature I can see the temp in both Celsius and Fahrenheit.

Being old school UK am more used to/comfortable with Celsius. I've done some googling but cannot find this question being asked.

Is it possible to change the smartd[919] to Celsius in syslog?

Thanks and cheers

Hi, i don't know if it's fahrenheit, but that is the 'raw' value that the disk reports, AFAIK there is no conversion going on from smart,
The range and meaning of this number depends on how the manufacturer of the disk programmed it to be...

Ahh ok, thanks for the clarification. Once is saw the value in megacli with the fahrenheit temp there seeming to match the syslog I thought that was the value it was showing.

Thanks again.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!