change Proxmox boot disk from mirrored to single disk

KBlast

Jan 18, 2021
I currently have 2x 450GB SSD mirrored for my boot disk, but I could use extra space and the mirrored redundancy isn't necessary.

Is there a way to safely unmirror them and free up one?

You could mark one disk as faulty / missing and continue using it for other things.

Without additional work you will then work with a degraded array. On one point this is no problem, when not needing the mirror and you could add a disk anytime again.

On the other hand you would need to live with possible error notifications.

Reactions: KBlast
That sounds like a good option. I could always then backup the one drive then start over with just one drive.

Where can I find the option to do that? I can't seem to find it via Proxmox GUI. Maybe it's a command for CLI?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!