change ip via qemu guest and netsh windows

bit2gb

Jul 20, 2016
Hi Guys,

i use qemu guest to set aotomaticlay an ip on my win vm but i have an issu. after i run the command, network will go into "limited" state and if i set same ip manualy will work fine.
I try to restart it but stay into tha same state after reboot (limited), even disable/enable doisent work.
I use this command:
qm guest exec <id> netsh interface ipv4 set address name="YOUR INTERFACE NAME" static IP_ADDRESS SUBNET_MASK GATEWAy

Hi Guys,

i use qemu guest to set aotomaticlay an ip on my win vm but i have an issu. after i run the command, network will go into "limited" state and if i set same ip manualy will work fine.
I try to restart it but stay into tha same state after reboot (limited), even disable/enable doisent work.
I use this command:
qm guest exec <id> netsh interface ipv4 set address name="YOUR INTERFACE NAME" static IP_ADDRESS SUBNET_MASK GATEWAy

Hello!

Try something like this - http://ittraveler.org/kastomizaciya-gostevyx-os-windows-v-kvm-na-primere-proxmox/

Thanks mercury but i want somethin for network and based on what i see on that link (i translate it) there it's used dhcp.
In my case i need to take and ip from my list and set into vm

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!