Change IP address

chudak

May 11, 2019
Hello all and Happy Friday!

I installed a new pve server, assigned a new static IP via my router, and changed in ti via the pve GUI.

However, when I boot up, I see pve referring still to the old IP, the one assigned during setup.

I can connect using a new IP, but would like to change the one that pve shows in the console. Where can it be changed?

TIA

The important config files are "/etc/network/interfaces" and "/etc/hosts".

One more question.

I want to use this new pve server as a backup only, maybe will add it to the cluster later.

I do have proxmox subscritopn.

1. Can I use it on the 2d server?
2. If yes how do I enable it?

TIA

The subscriptions are one subscription per server . For each server you need to check how many physical CPU sockets are in use. If you go to the Summary panel of each node, it will tell you the CPU info and then at the end of that line in brackets how many sockets are in use. If it is "(1 Socket)" you can get a 1 CPU/year subscription for that server. If it says "(2 Sockets)" you need to get a "2 CPUs/year" subscription for that node.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!