Ceton Infinitv 4 PCIe Passthrough Problems

lcasale

Renowned Member
Oct 19, 2012
I've been doing quite a bit of searching and can't seem to find a solution to my problem. There seems to be a problem with my PCI passthrough on my Ceton Infinitv 4.

I'm running a system with an Intel DQ77MK board and an i5-3570 with IOMMU enabled both in BIOS and the Kernel. For whatever reason, I couldn't get the card working in my Mythbuntu guest install. So I tried doing it on a Win2k8 and Win7 guest install. Both the windows machines are able to detect and install the Ceton card, but it doesn't function correctly. After a few reboots of the guest machine I'm occasionally able to view the web interface for the Ceton card. Also it usually shows the Ceton card as "unplugged" when I look at the network devices. Even the Ceton diagnostics tool doesn't recognize the card. Something is wrong...

After searching around I've seen that people tried switching the assignment from pcihost0 to pcihost1 with success, but not for me. I also read that someone tried to assign the PCI bus to pcihost0 to get it to work. In that same post, someone tried to do the same thing but was never able to assign the PCI bus to pcihost0 because it wasn't an pci-end device (I can't remember the exact wording) in which I'm running into the same problem. I've also tried plugging the card into different PCIe slots and that too didn't solve the problem.

I just upgraded my CPU and mobo so I can virtualize, could there be a problem with the Q77 chipset and ProxMox (the Ceton card worked fine on my last motherboard as a host machine)? Is there limitations on what PCI cards can be virtualized?

I like ProxMox but I might try vSphere over the weekend and see if I can get it working with that.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!