Cephfs usage as samba or something

Zombie

Feb 12, 2018
I am curios if you can point me in the right direction for this or if I am even looking for the right thing.

In short I have a ceph cluster with two different rule sets for hdd and sdd. I use my sdd pool to run my all my VMs and big work loads. Since I have transitioned half of my sas hdd to ssd, it leaves me with a good amount of storage for the hdd. I want to be able to use the hdd for mainly cephfs and be able to share it out to clients either samba or something they can access like a network drive (or something else if I’m off). So if that’s possible can you point me to a guide or give me some hints on how to go about that?

Ceph cluster was setup with proxmox and is not external to proxmox.

Thanks!

Depending on the clients, you could install Ceph(FS) on them and connect them to the ceph cluster.

The simpler way would most likely to have a VM which is placed on the HDD pool and have Samba running on it.

I think that might be be solution because it is simple! I will probably just place the hdd on the ct or vm and share it out on samba!

Thanks,
Zombie

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!