CephFS pool crush rule change question

Zombie

Feb 12, 2018
So I have never had to do this so I thought I would ask to make sure it will work and I don't lose data on the cephFS pool.

First I have been replacing my hdd OSD's with SSD's. I have moved my VM/CT storage to the new crush rule for the SSD's. Now the part I am not 100% certain about is that I have a cephfs pool that is on my hdd replicated rule. I wanted to change the cephfs crush rule to the SSD replicated rule.

So my question(s) is if I change the cephfs pool to the SSD replicated rule will it move the data to the SSD's or will the data be lost if I changed the crush rule?

Thanks

Changing the CRUSH rule will migrate the data (assuming you have sufficient space) in favor of the new rule. Since you are replacing OSDs, don't forget to migrate both metadata and data pools for CephFS storage.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!