Cephfs mounting issues

jamesthetechie

Apr 20, 2024
I am running into some issues mounting a Cephfs on a VM using FStab.

i have another Vm with the same config that works just fine, but the 2nd VM mounting the same FS has issues mounting with fstab.

i made sure i followed the pre-requisites for mounting a cephfs, i authorized the user (wing1), and copied the ceph config to the vm.

i can manually mount it using mount -t ceph BLAH, and it works just fine.

when trying to mount using FStab it fails to mount on the 2nd VM and gives me an error:
1721421091251.png

Here are the steps i took to mount the cephfs:
# on client host
mkdir -p -m 755 /etc/ceph
ssh root@x.x.x.x "sudo ceph config generate-minimal-conf" | sudo tee /etc/ceph/ceph.conf

chmod 644 /etc/ceph/ceph.conf

ssh root@x.x.x.x "sudo ceph fs authorize games-cephfs client.wing1 / rw" | sudo tee /etc/ceph/ceph.client.wing1.keyring

chmod 600 /etc/ceph/ceph.client.wing1.keyring

# Persistent Mounts
wing1@.games-cephfs=/ /mnt/cephfs ceph mon_addr=x.x.x.x:6789,noatime,_netdev 0 0

Please let me know if you have any insights into this issue. Thanks.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!