ceph warning post upgrade to v8

Thanks for your time/work here Max, do these fixes only apply to Proxmox packaged Ceph or should they have worked down from upstream Ceph as well? I've just upgraded to 18.2.4-1~bpo12+1 from download.ceph.com/debian-reef and am seeing the same dashboard problems as well covered in this thread. This Ceph is backing a 7 node Proxmox cluster so I guess I could transition to Proxmox packaged Ceph if it's not too painful.

This only applies to Proxmox packaged Ceph, not upstream. Upstream only contains this pull request made by a community member (thanks again!). Note that the PR plus our own patches only really work for the dashboard and its utils in the case of PVE, so if anything else from Ceph (that's launched via the mgr) also uses e.g. the Python cryptography module, you'll get a similar crash.

That being said, I've been making some progress upstream regarding sub-interpreter support in PyO3, though it's still gonna take a while until that's ready. So, hopefully at some point in the not-so-distant future, sub-interpreter issues will be gone for good.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!