[SOLVED] Ceph Bulk Actions

bensode

Jan 9, 2019
Harrisburg, PA
In experimenting with different storage and disk types with ceph I have 88 OSDs across 3 nodes. When I attempt to bulk stop I just get a small UI Bulk Stop screen with a red border and nothing within it to select. I've also found that multi select is not an option either from the OSD list in the webUI. Is there a bug with the interface (5.3-6) or an alternate command set from console to bulk stop OSDs? Otherwise that's a carpel tunnel inducing process to stop them and then remove/destroy them.

Attachments

• proxmox.png
    proxmox.png
    105.2 KB · Views: 25
The "Bulk Stop" menu in the GUI is for Guest-Systems (it does not vanish if you leave the Ceph menu) not for OSDs.
Currently we don't have a "Bulk Stop" implemented in the GUI for OSDs (out of curiosity, when would you want to restart all OSDs, but not the host?).
You can stop ceph-osd.target via systemctl on the command line- that should take all OSDs down.

Thanks I'll give that command line a shot. I'm new to PVE and also Ceph so I'm experimenting with different physical configurations of disks to better understand them. There's a lot of material to cover with both products and the Ceph portion is definitely information overload.

the Ceph portion is definitely information overload.
Can relate to that :) - and the learning doesn't stop for a long time - as a payoff you can get a really solid distributed storage!

Good luck and happy hacking!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!