Ceph: attached old OSDs!

Gilberto Ferreira

Renowned Member
Hello

I had deploied Proxmox CEPH with 3 nodes, but unfortunately, had a issues and need to reinstall everything from scratch.
Doing so, I will loose the data in the OSDs?
Can I add the OSDs after reinstall Proxmox and the data will be intact?
(I dont wanna reinstall the vms again, you know?)

Thanks

Restoring Complete Ceph Cluster ..is a very length process. and not a safe way. it starts with with /etc/ceph & /var/lib/ceph folder backup...but you need to plan on test-cluster, not suggested for production at all

I suggest you do full backups of your VMs on a save storage and restore them afterwards.
Well, how I do backup if the Ceph pool is unacessable??? (The installation is not in production yet! So vms can be erased but I'd rather not!)
When I type ceph -s after a long time period gives me timeout!
Everything gone down hill after I accidentally remove 2 nodes from monitor an leave just one. After that, I couldn't access nothing anymore.
Is there anyway to recover it?
(In the image I manually add the 03 node. 02 it's under reinstallation)
1665748229859.png

Last edited:
Hello

I had deploied Proxmox CEPH with 3 nodes, but unfortunately, had a issues and need to reinstall everything from scratch.
Doing so, I will loose the data in the OSDs?
Can I add the OSDs after reinstall Proxmox and the data will be intact?
(I dont wanna reinstall the vms again, you know?)

Thanks
you would have had to make a copy of ceph.conf and the keys. since you didnt- and didnt make a backup- I think you already know the answer.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!