Ceph and new OSD, Not applicable and show OSD?

kittiwat

Dec 15, 2017
Hello,

I have a 3-node ceph cluster and Create OSD Follow this.
1. SSD 3-6 (/dev/sdc-sdh) is ok usable
2. But SSD 1-2 (/dev/sda-sdb) Tab OSD >> is Not applicable and not show osd.xx
3. And SSD 1-2 (/dev/sda-sdb) Tab Disk >> show type usage "parititions"
4. I Delete parititions on SSD 1-2 and try again Create OSD >> It's Not applicable

Got a solution?

Thank you very much
Kittiwat

Attachments

• Proxmox1.jpg
    Proxmox1.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Proxmox2.jpg
    Proxmox2.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 21
Dear Alwin,
I am going to set a CEPH cluster using 3 nodes of physical server in proxmox installed.

Thank you for your response.
Yes, I already read that document. The disk is already formatted and set GPT to "No". Then I recreated OSD again. The result was not show in Proxmox GUI "menu CEPH/Osd". There was no disk in under "pve0" node. I expected that after I formatted the disk and set GPT to "No", the disk should be appeared under the "pve0" node. I don't know what happen to this. I need your advise what should I do?

Please see screen captured again to see what I did and the results what I got. I have no idea what to do next. Please suggest me again.

Thank you very much for your great help.
Best Regards,

Attachments

• Proxmox3.jpg
    Proxmox3.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Proxmox4.jpg
    Proxmox4.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Proxmox5.jpg
    Proxmox5.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Proxmox6.jpg
    Proxmox6.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 9

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!