CentOS 64bit...slow as molasses

doulos

Feb 1, 2013
I installed the Zenoss Template and it ran great. I want to do a full evaluation of the latest Zenoss Core, so I tried several times yesterday to install Centos 64. It is finally up and running but it is running like a stinking turd! I did a minimal install and it takes up to ten minutes just to boot the virtual machine all the while the Proxmox management interface shows only about 15% cpu utilization on the virtual machine.

What have I misconfigured?

I installed the Zenoss Template and it ran great. I want to do a full evaluation of the latest Zenoss Core, so I tried several times yesterday to install Centos 64. It is finally up and running but it is running like a stinking turd! I did a minimal install and it takes up to ten minutes just to boot the virtual machine all the while the Proxmox management interface shows only about 15% cpu utilization on the virtual machine.

What have I misconfigured?

Hi,
sounds like you disabled the hardware acceleration for virtualization (kvm) for that VM?
Can you post your VM-config? (cat /etc/pve/qemu-server/VMID.conf)

And following output:
Code:
dmesg | grep kvm
lsmod | grep kvm
Udo

Thanks for the response. I removed the kvm and installed a 64 bit template. Works great now.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!