Can't succeed with install

TS1997

Oct 26, 2024
Hello,

I just got my Beelink Mini S12 Pro with the N100 CPU and have been trying to install Proxmox for a couple hours now with no success. I've tried using both 7.4 and 8.2 but neither works and I've gotten different error messages at different times throughout the debugging process.

My first issue was that I was unable to even start the GUI based installer on 8.2 which I got around by doing the terminal version. I had the same issue on 7.4 but managed to get the installer to start there by following this guide in debug mode: https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/generic-solution-when-install-gets-framebuffer-mode-fails.111577/

Once I got by that issue I've seen a few different error messages like that the package libperl wasn't able to be installed, that the command unsquashfs failed and that some other package failed. I've also had an issue where Balena Etcher fails to flash 8.X to the USB but 7.4 was successful.

I've tried two different USB-sticks, one of which is brand new at 64GB. I've tried burning the ISOs onto the USBs using Rufus, Etcher and Ventoy on Windows as well as using dd on Ubuntu but nothing seams to work. I've also tried both the download link and the torrent link for both 8.2 & 7.4 and I've verified the SHA of both ISOs. I've also tried both ext4 and XFS.

I can also mention that the Beelink has a wired ethernet-connection.

What am I doing wrong? How do I make this work before giving up and just skipping the virtualization of this machine?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_0836.jpeg
    IMG_0836.jpeg
    159.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0837.jpeg
    IMG_0837.jpeg
    223.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
It ended up being two bad USB sticks. Went back to the store and replaced the new one today and it worked first try with the new one

Reactions: waltar

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!