Cant setup VM thinpool issue

Reuven

Oct 22, 2019
Hi i am trying to setup a VM and I want to place the disk in an existing thinpool but I get an error with this message saying this:

Capture proxmox.PNG

Capture proxmox 2.PNGCapture proxmox 3.PNG

Hello Reuven,
I hope you're doing very well.
I googled the error you had and I found this thread in this forum.
Did you try with the information written there?

Regards,

Hi. Thanks for the info.... but we have the repository activated and still we can create a VM....the question which remains is ...why is Proxmox trying to deactivate our only thinpool to be able to create a VM ?

Hi. Thanks for the info.... but we have the repository activated and still we can create a VM....the question which remains is ...why is Proxmox trying to deactivate our only thinpool to be able to create a VM ?
Having the repository activate is not enough.
You also need to have your packages upgraded.

I don't know what is exactly deactivate a thin pool. You could continue with this.

You may also see and share what does lvs, pvs and vgs, commands say as is indicated in the Thread I referred.

In case you need support you can open a ticket using your subscription
https://www.proxmox.com/en/proxmox-ve/pricing

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!