[SOLVED] Can't login via webinterface, but SSH works, 2 nodes

proxmoxusergwm

Jun 29, 2022
Hey guys,

I know that some other people already had this issue.

But it seems that somehow mine is maybe a little bit different?
I would definitely appreciate your help.
Thanks in advance to everyone taking the time and helping out! Appreciate it!

So we have 2 servers/nodes in Proxmox. We recently moved our server room to a different floor, but besides that we didn't change anything (no IP adresses, no new hardware, nothing).

And now, we can't login via the web interface into our servers, but SSH is working fine for both.

I have read that the following commands have worked for some:
pvecm expected 1
pvecm updatecerts
systemctl restart pvedaemon pveproxy
systemctl restart pve-cluster
systemctl restart corosync

But I haven't tried "pvecm expected 1", because I also read that this can potentially cause huge troubles, and we are in a production environment currently.

Does anyone has any suggestion? What log files can I post which would be helpful?

Best regards!

Hello,

- Does the both servers online?
- Are the two nodes in sync?

Can you please run `journalctl -f` in an SSH shell, then try to log in and post the result of the journalctl command here?

Hello,

- Does the both servers online?
- Are the two nodes in sync?

Can you please run `journalctl -f` in an SSH shell, then try to log in and post the result of the journalctl command here?

Hello Moayad,

thank you so much for taking the time and responding!

We actually had it figured out by then already, sorry for not posting here right away.

We had the error message "Failed to start Import ZFS Pool", and then we found the recommendation to try to rebuild the ZFS-Cache. We did that and it fixed the problem. Thank God!

Best regards,
proxmoxusergwm

Hello,

Glad that you fix the issue yourself :)

Thanks for sharing the fix as well, I will go ahead and set your thread as [SOLVED] to help other people who have the same issue.

Have a good day :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!