Can't kill a non-numeric process ID at /usr/share/perl5/LockFile/Simple.pm line 584. (500)

kacper..

May 19, 2021
i currently have the following problem. when i use the synchronize button under user management > ldap > the following error always occurs:

Can't kill a non-numeric process ID at /usr/share/perl5/LockFile/Simple.pm line 584. (500)

Please share the journal from the system when you click on the synchronize button:
* run `journalctl -f` in a shell
* click on synchronize

usually an error-message should be logged

additionally please share your anonymized ldap.conf

i currently have the following problem. when i use the synchronize button under user management > ldap > the following error always occurs:

I'm getting same error - did you solve this problem ? if yes what was the solution

rg
Christian

Since last Friday I also get the error with LDAPS Sync:
`journalctl -f` isn't logging any warning or error...

Is there any solution? Im running Mail Gateway 8.0.7

Last edited:
please share your complete journal (anonymize what you must) - without this it's not really possible to find the reason for the error

please share your complete journal (anonymize what you must) - without this it's not really possible to find the reason for the error
The error occurred at 16:24:00 - 16:24:20 but no message is logged in journalctl -f. I've created a new LDAP-Sync with exactly the same configuration and it works. But I'm not able to delete the "buggy-sync" because of the same error "Can't kill a non-numeric process ID at /usr/share/perl5/LockFile/Simple.pm line 584. (500)"

Attachments

• journal_f.txt
    6.4 KB · Views: 2

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!