cant install Win11

Visseb

Jun 17, 2023
hi im trying to setup win 11 but it says " you cant install win11 "

TPM and Secure boot check is disabled in the os itself.

i have attached the backup in the post.

Attachments

• task-pve-vzdump-2023-06-17T08_27_15Z.log
    1.3 KB · Views: 27
dont understand - installing windows or backup is your issue ?
the log, as i understand, its about an restore of an VM, which was successfully

installing windows is the issue, have talked to the ISO owner, and they says its the setup of the vm who is the fault, im trying to share the setup of the vm but seems to be the log of backup as you mentioned lol.

installing windows is the issue, have talked to the ISO owner, and they says its the setup of the vm who is the fault, im trying to share the setup of the vm but seems to be the log of backup as you mentioned lol.
Just choosing win11/2022 as a type implies a working VM in which you can install win 11 without any problems with the original iso from MS. If you cannot install with the ISO you have, maybe the ISO is at fault? Is this the original MS one? If you try to install some OEM, it may not work. OEM is not supposed to work on non-OEM hardware (and running it inside PVE on the OEM hardware does NOT count as running on OEM hardware).

its not OEM, its Tiny 11. and the maker of the OS says TPM and Secure boot check is disabled so it must be the VM.

its not OEM, its Tiny 11. and the maker of the OS says TPM and Secure boot check is disabled so it must be the VM.
So it is not Windows 11 as you said in the title. Windows 11 works out-of-the-box and as it should be by just clicking next in the VM creation assistant.

Why do you try to install without UEFI? I don't get that.... why don't you just follow the installation guide with UEFI and with TPM2?

it complains about that you dont met the requirements. a short search (because windows 11 tiny, never heard before) has following requirements

Windows Tiny11, or Windows 11 lite version, is a fine-tuned custom version of Windows 11. It has been designed to operate on less powerful computers, only requiring 8 GB of storage (as opposed to Windows 11's 20 GB). Plus, it barely requires RAM (only 2 GB or so).

add 1 more gb ram and try again. i also would recommend you to change the HDD to virto and not ide.

Last edited:
also change you network to virtio and not e1000
also use ovmf bios (for newer systems), and try pc-q35-7.1 instead of 7.2 (i had some issues with 7.2)

and just if possible, install afterwards the virtio tools and activate it on the options

Last edited:
still the same issue.
thanks for all the help so far. im new to this platform.

Last edited:
Actually I'm kinda bumping into the same issue.
Fresh installed Proxmox 7.4-13, fully updated with pve no subscription repository

Using fresh win11 22h2 iso, installing win11 pro.

Basically following this:
https://www.wundertech.net/how-to-install-windows-11-on-proxmox/

Keep ending up with "doesn't meet the requirements" after selectin win 11 pro .....
Tried different settings, but nothing seems to fix it.

Any suggestions?

still the same issue.
thanks for all the help so far. im new to this platform.
Think I've found it....
Hardware, processors showed 4 (1 socket, 4 cores), however vcpus=1
Really don't know how that happened, but win11 doesn't like a single core.

@Visseb probably your problem as well, I looked at your youtube movie and noticed 1 core....

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!