Can't Install Proxmox 7.3: No device with valid ISO found.

FirstTimer

Nov 29, 2022
I'm new to Proxmox, tried to install the latest version but no matter what I do I get the same result (in the attached picture).

I tried flashing the ISO file to two different USB Devices, tried using Rufus (DD mode), Etcher & DD command on Linux, I even tried booting the ISO file without flashing using GRUB Bootloader.. nothing worked. Please help.

Attachments

• IMG_20221129_124230_224.jpg
    IMG_20221129_124230_224.jpg
    633.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Hi,

did you try to boot any other ISOs with the USB devices yet? What kind of hardware are you trying to run it on?

Hi,

did you try to boot any other ISOs with the USB devices yet? What kind of hardware are you trying to run it on?
Yes I did, the USB device is fine.
I tried to install Proxmox on my Lenovo IdeaPad S145-15IWL
CPU: Intel i3-8145U (8th Gen)
RAM: 4GB
GPU: Intel WhiskeyLake-U GT2 (UHD Graphics 620)

I couldn't solve the issue in the attached picture but I managed to install Proxmox in the end by installing it on VirtualBox first then moving the contents to an empty partition on the hard disk.. it worked.

It wan't the most convenient approach but it did the job.

Reactions: nunner

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!