Can't install Proxmox 2.5 on VMware server2

nzalex1

Jun 22, 2010
I can't install Proxmox 2.5 in VM on VMWare server 2 (tried both Linux and Windows based) in any way.
VMWare appliance can't see network adapter (failed to bring eth0).

Installation from iso image doesn't work either - error in the file attached.

We currently on proxmos 2.2 - never had problems with it - both as appliance and iso install worked fine.

Tried 2.5 also with VMWare WS. 6 - all works.

Changing from 2.2 to 2.5 as ClamAV stopped working in Proxmox 2.2 - (the error is Malformed database message which I couldn't fix in any way).

Kind of stuck - 2.2 doesn't work properly and can't install 2.5. Please advise.
Thank you
Alex

Last edited:
works here. just tested again on a vmware server2 (running on Linux). As client OS I selected 'Ubuntu 32-bit', for network just bridged mode. maybe our ISO is damaged?

btw, if you buy a commercial license you can update 2.2 to 2.5 with just uploading service packs to the web interface.

Thanks, Tom, it was damaged ISO, you are right, all working with another downloaded ISO.
Great product, considering to buy a license.

thanks for feedback - buying a license is the right way!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!