[SOLVED] can't install any vms

princesaharan

Jun 26, 2022
Hello,

I have Proxmox install on intel nuc5i5MYHE it has i5 process and 8 gb ram and proxmox is install on a 256gb m.2 ssd.

I have also enabled in the bios VTX and VTD

I have been facing issue installing VMs, can't install any vms from ios.

for example below is the error I am getting when installing Linux mint
Screenshot 2022-06-27 191427.png

As a troubleshooting. I have reinstalled proxmox on a new 256gb m.2 ssd and downloaded fresh copy of all ios that i want to install but still wont work.

On the other hand containers have no issues.

Any advice.

Regards,
Prince

I guess its the same problem you described in the other thread. You get IO errors and stuff can't be read/written to disk. you should check that your SSD isn't faulty. Or where these IO errors come from.

Hello,

I have Proxmox install on intel nuc5i5MYHE it has i5 process and 8 gb ram and proxmox is install on a 256gb m.2 ssd.

I have also enabled in the bios VTX and VTD

I have been facing issue installing VMs, can't install any vms from ios.

for example below is the error I am getting when installing Linux mint
View attachment 38488

As a troubleshooting. I have reinstalled proxmox on a new 256gb m.2 ssd and downloaded fresh copy of all ios that i want to install but still wont work.

On the other hand containers have no issues.

Any advice.

Regards,
Prince

I guess its the same problem you described in the other thread. You get IO errors and stuff can't be read/written to disk. you should check that your SSD isn't faulty. Or where these IO errors come from
ok, so i removed ssd and installed 500gb hdd and installed again proxmox on the hdd and then i tired to create a vm but same result

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-28 000019.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-28 000019.png
    144.1 KB · Views: 11
3 core, 50 gb of disk space.

Wanted to know how much memory, not cores.
Anyway, I only wanted to mention, not to give too less resources to the VM. Have seen installation failures, where people gave the VM way too less memory and/or vdisk space.

Wanted to know how much memory, not cores.
Anyway, I only wanted to mention, not to give too less resources to the VM. Have seen installation failures, where people gave the VM way too less memory and/or vdisk space.
memory is 2 gb

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!