Can't backup CT

fpdragon

Feb 24, 2022
Hello,

For no apparent reason, one of my CTs can no longer be backed up. I tried it on “local” and on a network drive. In both cases the same problem:
The backup process gets stuck at the following step.
Code:
creating vzdump archive '/var/lib/vz/dump/vzdump-lxc-1015-2024_02_04-20_25_30.tar.zst'

All other VMs and CTs work.
Here is the configuration:
Code:
pct config 1015
Code:
arch: amd64
cores: 2
description: any description
features: nesting=1
hostname: ctname
memory: 2048
net0: name=eth0,bridge=vmbr0,hwaddr=C6:11:AF:AA:AA:AA,ip=dhcp,type=veth
onboot: 1
ostype: debian
rootfs: FileSrv-CIFS:1015/vm-1015-disk-0.raw,size=16G
swap: 2048
tags: critical;server
unprivileged: 1

Any ideas?
Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Just noticed:
the file image is on an CIFS share and when I try to move it to "local-zfs" it is also stuck.

Hi,
this sounds more like the network share the rootfs is located on is not reachable. Please check you network connectivity and test if the share can be accessed as expected.

Hi,
this sounds more like the network share the rootfs is located on is not reachable. Please check you network connectivity and test if the share can be accessed as expected.
Thanks Chris,

Yeah, first I thought so too but the strange thing is that I am able to access the share without any problem.
I am even able to boot the CT with the image on the share.
But I can't copy it to the local drive and I can't make a backup.

I just double checked:
I am able to access the share from the PVE console
Code:
/mnt/pve/FileSrv-CIFS/images/1015
I can create and remove files in there.

And the same network configuration applies to an other CT where the backup is working.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!