Can't add NFS storage

229Mick

Jun 28, 2020
Just trying out ProxMox, and have hit a stop on day one: I'm trying to add storage, and when I try to add an NFS share to it, it get a message reporting:

create storage failed: error during cfs-locked 'file-storage_cfg' operation: storage 'mbnas01' is not online (500)

I tried to connect to it from an existing VMWare ESXi server to confirm it is up and accessible and that worked fine. This is a share on a Synology DS1817+

Literally day one with proxmox, so if anyone has any suggestions where to look for a solution I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!

Just trying out ProxMox, and have hit a stop on day one: I'm trying to add storage, and when I try to add an NFS share to it, it get a message reporting:

create storage failed: error during cfs-locked 'file-storage_cfg' operation: storage 'mbnas01' is not online (500)

I tried to connect to it from an existing VMWare ESXi server to confirm it is up and accessible and that worked fine. This is a share on a Synology DS1817+

Literally day one with proxmox, so if anyone has any suggestions where to look for a solution I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!
See if this solution would help you:
https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/mount-no-longer-works-in-proxmox-6-nfs-synology.56503/post-317022

It seems there is a bug in Debian which affects the way NFS mounts are handled.

Yep, this worked for me:

Btw, if you're looking for a solution, there is a simpler approach than the one suggested above. Edit this file:
/usr/share/perl5/PVE/Storage/NFSPlugin.pm

by commenting the following line in check_connection function:
Code:
if (my $err = $@) {
# return 0; ### this line needs to be commented out
}
then reload the service via systemctl restart pvedaemon

Reactions: m8e

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!