Can't access VMs after upgrade to beta 3

dan

Jan 16, 2009
Hi,

I have just upgraded to beta 3 by running "aptitude update && aptitude dist-upgrade". I have rebooted the host and cleaned the cache of my browser (Firefox 7). But as soon as I try to access a VM via the web interface I'm getting the following JS errors:

Code:
403 proxy loop detected - aborted
"NetworkError: 403 proxy loop detected - aborted - https://<domain>:8006/api2/json/nodes/pve/openvz/100/status/current"
GET https://<domain>:8006/api2/json/nodes/pve/openvz/100/status/current

What can I do about it?

Hi Dietmar,

thanks a lot for your support. Can I send you the account data, that you can check for yourself? If yes, where can I send it to?

The hosts and hostname seems to be right though:

Code:
#/etc/hosts
127.0.0.1 localhost
<ip address>  pve
#
# IPv6
::1 ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
ff02::3 ip6-allhosts

Code:
#/etc/hostname
<my domain>

Last edited:
thanks a lot for your support. Can I send you the account data, that you can check for yourself? If yes, where can I send it to?

no, that is only available for commercial customers.

The hosts and hostname seems to be right:

But /etc/hostname should only contain a single name ('pve' in your case, without any domain).

Hi Dietmar,

thanks a lot. Changing /etc/hostname to "pve" did it. Is this intended? Beta 2 did not have any problems with a custom hostname.

Anyway, it is working fine now.

Beta 2 did not have any problems with a custom hostname.

Beta2 behave the same way as Beta3 (We did not change anything related to this problem).

When you install you can use any hostname. Changing the name later is more difficult, because
you need to find any references in /etc/*

Anyway, the name used in /etc/hostname must have an entry in /etc/hosts.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!