[SOLVED] Cant access Management Portal

npineiro

Feb 21, 2021
Please forgive my network noob question.

I woke up this morning with a down WAN connection. Last night my provider went down in the middle of the night and got an email to reboot my equipment. I did that this morning since everything was down. When everything came back up I was unable to access my management portal. Im using chrome and when I type 10.0.150.21:8006 I get a "This page is not working, 10.0.150.21 did not send any data, ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE. I hooked up a monitor to my headless machine and noticed that the ip address was different - 10.0.150.103. I noticed this on the first screen that loads when the machine comes up.

I looked at the /etc/network/interfaces file and I saw the correct IP and gateway - 10.0.150.21
When I looked at the host file /etc/hosts, I found the ip address 10.0.150.103
I changed this and reboot my machine but I still cant access the management portal

On another PC on the same LAN I cant ping 10.0.150.21 but on my proxmox terminal I can ping out to my PC - 10.0.150.20
I cant ping my network printers but I can ping 8.8.8.8
Im thinking at this point my firewall on Proxmox might be blocking my connection

What do you think?

EDIT: Looks like my changes did work. I typed https:// in front of my IP address and I am able to access it now

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!