Can't access GUI webpage

Same problem as OP on a new install.

agdsign's solution seems to be related to my problem, as I don't have '/etc/pve/local/pveproxy-ssl.pem' and '/etc/pve/local/pveproxy-ssl.key'

And when I try `pvecm updatecerts --force` I get:

(re)generate node files
generate new node certificate
unable to load Private Key
139638785887104:error:0909006C:pEM routines:get_name:no start line:../crypto/pem/pem_lib.c:745:Expecting: ANY PRIVATE KEY
generating pve root certificate failed:
command 'faketime yesterday openssl req -batch -days 3650 -new -x509 -nodes -key /etc/pve/priv/pve-root-ca.key -out /etc/pve/pve-root-ca.pem -subj '/CN=Proxmox Virtual Environment/OU=01a3e634-1c09-4279-a89f-934b78ed93c8/O=PVE Cluster Manager CA/'' failed: exit code 1

So something is amiss here...

This is a brand new install. Haven't changed a thing.

Can this be repaired or is it easier to reinstall?

Thanks

We have 3 nodes in our cluster. After adding a fourth and moving some VMs to it we had this problem of no Web Page interface on the new node.
The problem was solved after running on the command line (via ssh)
Code:
pvecm updatecerts

Last edited:
Reactions: Purwanto
I found solution here – https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/l...r-ssl-certificates-deletion.58789/post-271194

– remove the files '/etc/pve/local/pveproxy-ssl.pem' and '/etc/pve/local/pveproxy-ssl.key'
– run `pvecm updatecerts --force`
– systemctl restart pveproxy
I was having the same issue as others in this thread. Web UI was no longer accessible but SSH and other connections to guests were fine. Removing the certs and updating them seems to have done the trick. The GUI is now accessible after restarting the pveproxy service.

Thanks agdsign!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!