[SOLVED] Can't access CT/VM via SSH with some routers (but ping works and they have internet access)

I turned it off completely, it didn't change anything.

I have a computer available for testing. I'll install a debian machine and retry the ssh from there (to completely remove the "windows issue" option).
If it doesn't work, I'll reinstall proxmox on that machine, spawn a CT and retry from there (to completely remove the "my current proxmox host has something fucked up").

I'll post my results here as soon as it's done.

Thank you for all the ideas by the way !

Allright, I find the issue.

Turns out, if you use "/32" to declare the CT ip's, it's not good.
Using "/24" solved everything. I also found out that I don't have to specify the gateway when using "/24", it automaticaly assumes it's .1 from my understanding.

No idea why SSH was the only thing breaking, and only with some routers. But hey, now it's working.

Thanks again for your help and your fast reply !

Attachments

• zzdd.png
    zzdd.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Turns out, if you use "/32" to declare the CT ip's, it's not good.
Using "/24" solved everything.
amazing :D

glad the issue is solved. you can mark the thread [SOLVED] by clicking "Edit thread" on top and choosing the prefix, so others with the same issue can know what to expect :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!