Cant´t get quarantine to work?

Coolmike

Aug 6, 2009
I am testing the Promox mail gateway and so far I am more than happy.

I am wondering though how to get the quantine to work. I have even gone so far that I read the manual but that did not solve anything for me.
Nothing is going to the quarantine?

The setup is totally basic. Worked almost out of the box. I have compared with your demo and a customer of mine who had proxmox before I overtook them.

The manual says that the quantine is disabled by default - it seem like I have done the 3 steps to enable it but there is stil no spam going to the quarantine.

Do anyone have any pointers so I can move one?

Thanks

The default installation contains an inactive rule called 'Quarantine Spam' - simply activate that rule (MailFilter/Rules)

- Dietmar

Hi Dietmar.

Impresive fast response :) perfect.

I have the rule and I try to activate it but it does not move.

I have compare to my cutomers system and your demo. There the quarantine also are inactive. It IS working at my customers site.

best regards

Michael Grøn

What License do you have? The free license is limited to 4 active rules

Note: You can disable the 'Mark Spam' rule if you use the Quarantine.

- Dietmar

Hi again.

Yes it is the free version.

It is not working. I can´t set inactive. The rule does not change status :confused:

- Michael

Hi again.

Yes it is the free version.

It is not working. I can´t set inactive. The rule does not change status :confused:

- Michael

The free version does not allow to activate or inactivate rules - this means you are limited to 4 rules. BUT you can change these rules.

Enable quarantine for the free version license:

Just edit the existing spam checking rule and add the final action object 'quarantine'.

Hi again :)
I Must say that this setting was not easy to find for me....but it works like a charm now.

Thanks.

Michael Grøn:p

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!