Cannot upload to ZFS storage

darren.thrower

Dec 7, 2019
Good afternoon people :)
This is my first post so thank you for any assistance you can offer me.
I've just built my first Proxmox server and have encountered my first problem. I'll explain what i've done so far so please ask questions if i've missed anything out.

Server is Intel i5 with 16Gb RAM.
Hard drives installed currently:-
2 x 120Gb SSD - 1st one has Proxmox installed and will be used for Linux Virtual Environments, other SSD for Windows (can you have Proxmox and VM's on the same disk?)
2 x 1Tb spindles - these are going to be for .ISO's, Software, Drivers on 1 and music on the other
2 x 2Tb spindles - these are currently NTFS with films and TV shows on - want to pass them through to PLEX (if possible).

I followed YouTube videos of creating USB install media and installed to the 1st 120Gb SSD.
Plugged the other 5 drives in, booted and I can access from my laptop - all good.
Uploaded ubuntu 18.04.3 live server iso to "local (proxmox)" storage and created a VM. Went through the install - all good.
Created 2 ZFS file systems (called them pmve-1tb-01 -- pmve-1tb-02) but how do I use these disks? The 'upload' button is greyed out!

Like I said, it's my 1st attempt at Proxmox so I may have missed some vital info out - please ask and i'll promptly update.

Many thanks,

Darren

(can you have Proxmox and VM's on the same disk?)

Yes, sure.

Created 2 ZFS file systems (called them pmve-1tb-01 -- pmve-1tb-02) but how do I use these disks? The 'upload' button is greyed out!

Upload your isos to the local proxmox as with the ubuntu install and on the dialog where you create the VMs, use the zfs pool as the destination.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!