Cannot start KVM

Kristjan

Jun 8, 2016
Hi.
I updated my Proxmox server. After restarting it I can no longer start my KVM.
I get this two errors:
TASK ERROR: start failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.PropertyReadOnly: Cannot set property PIDs, or unknown property.
and
TASK ERROR: start failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.PropertyReadOnly: Cannot set property KillMode, or unknown property.
I tried restarting but it didn't help.

Yes. This started happening after the last update.
I will reinstall proxmox because I'm having some problems with other installed packages.

Hi,

i updated my Proxmox 4.2 (free) installation today and i am unable to start kvm vm's.

The error i get: TASK ERROR: start failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.FileNotFound: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory

is something wrong with dbus in the latest version?

The error i get: TASK ERROR: start failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.FileNotFound: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory

Code:
apt-get install dbus

The latest ProxMox version requires dbus daemon running for some unknown reason.

Reactions: talos
I suffered from this problem when updating the PVE from 6.2 to 6.3-3, when restarting the VMs did not start, I tried to install the dbus, but it did not work.
I ended up seeing that it was just the dbus service that hadn't started, so a simple restart on the dbus solved my problem.

service dbus start

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!